Remote Instructor-led Training
Great Training—CLOSER than you think!
Take advantage of Island Training's unique and time-tested approach to training—without leaving your desk. Remote instruction delivers Island Training's traditional instructor-led classroom to your workplace via Virtual Classroom and phone conferencing. Using a fully-configured virtual workstation, you see lecture slides and perform labs at your desktop. The instructor is available throughout class for questions and discussion. It's a live, instructor-led class, but your desktop is your classroom.
Remote instruction is perfect for individuals or small groups who want the industry's best IBM® Rational® tool training with the convenience of distance learning. Only Island offers:
- Lab-based training. Courses consist of 20% lecture and 80% lab ensuring that you learn the product by using it.
- Full modularity. Customize your remote class by mixing and matching from our library of over 900 modules.
- Combining virtual and traditional classrooms to include remote employees with their local work group.
- Flexible scheduling. A one-day class may be presented in multiple sessions on multiple days.
Island also offers remote mentoring services via our Virtual Classroom. Remote mentoring is a very cost effective way to support planning and implementation, special or advanced topics, or training for early adoption teams.
How Remote Instruction Works
It's easy to participate in a remote class:
- You'll receive a hard copy of your training materials or a print-ready pdf.
- At class time, you'll connect to your Virtual Classroom workstation and join the class voice conference, which is moderated by the instructor.
- During class, the instructor will have full access to your workstation if you need assistance during labs.
- You'll be able to participate in discussions with the instructor and other students.
Island's remote training is NOT online or self-paced. It's the same great, live instructor-led training you receive in a traditional classroom setting.
Please note: Island Training ships course manuals to remote open enrollment students who register five or more business days before class start date. Students who register less than five days before class start date download and print their own course manuals.